Learn from yesterday, live for today,

hope for tomorrow.

July 14, 2012

Staying Busy

So once we got settled into the house, I decided to start another project I had been wanting to do in Little Rock. I knew that I should wait until we got here and I was super excited to start this project...a Herb Garden!! 

Kyle and I went to Home Depot on June 25th and I picked out 6 of my favorite herbs to plant: chives, parsley, basil, cilantro, rosemary and oregano.

We bought a Jack Daniel's barrel that was cut in half. I thought it was really neat looking for our back yard.


I planted them in order of how tall they would get. I put the rosemary in the very back with cilantro and oregano on each side a little ways up. I planted parsley in the very middle, then put chives and sweet basil in the very front. I tried to make sure to split up the herbs that would look similar so I wouldn't confuse them when they grow. 


Below are the herbs on July 5th, a week and a half old. The basil definitely initiated the growth process. They are growing great so far! Each herb takes a different amount of time to really get going. The lady at Home Depot told me it would be anywhere from 6-9 weeks before they were all really growing.


Here they are today....almost 3 weeks old! The basil is still doing great and the parsley and cilantro is coming up! I cannot wait to stop buying these at the grocery store and use my own!!


I am so excited about this new project! There will be more pictures as they keep growing! =)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Followers

Lucida Handwriting



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

Mixed Bouquet Background