Learn from yesterday, live for today,

hope for tomorrow.

April 6, 2014

Our Journey to Baby B

(Chelsea MacGruder Photography)

Yes...you are seeing this picture correctly! Kyle and I are expecting our first child in early October! We are beyond thrilled and in awe of this blessing God has given us! We still sit here in shock 12 weeks later trying to wrap our minds around the idea! I wanted to share our story so that one day I can look back on this and remember all of the sweet moments.

The journey began for us back in October. We had decided that we would start trying in November for many reasons. Due to the fact that I am in grad school, I wanted to make sure that I would be able to graduate and finish all of the requirements for my program. Kyle also wanted to get settled in the Urology aspect of his residency and be comfortable with the program. So in November, I went off birth control (and migraine medicine) and we began our journey.


It took us a few months, but we were shocked to find out that it was only three months before we became pregnant. I had been told by my OB/GYN that it could take us up to a year due to my long use of birth control. We found out on February 4!! I spent the day feeling very nauseous and was sick several times. My first cycle had been 8 weeks and I was only 6 weeks into this cycle, so I thought there was no way I could possibly be pregnant or know yet (it was only my 2nd cycle). I told Kyle when I got home from work that I would take a test, but realized that it would probably not come out positive. Well, I was very wrong....both times!! The funny story is that once I got a positive result, I wanted to take another test to make sure it wasn't faulty. Of course, I did not have any other tests so my wonderful hubby had to run to CVS to purchase pregnancy tests. He is such a team-player!! Once I took the second one, we went crazy! We were in shock and both just started crying!!

I actually had this grand plan for telling Kyle! I ordered these really cute shirts for Kooper and Kole and was going to have them run downstairs when Kyle got home to surprise him! Of course...it never goes as planned, so after I composed myself, I shouted "You weren't supposed to find out like this!!" and ran down the hallway to put the boys' shirts on....haha!! Kyle was just laughing when I wouldn't let him in the game room. When I opened the door, he died laughing and absolutely loved the shirts. 

We scheduled our doctors appointment for the next week and went in to find out that we were 6 weeks along and set the due date for October 6, 2014. It was the most amazing feeling to see Baby B! There is so much more to update and tell you all about. In my next post, I will tell you about how we told our families and I will start updating weekly with my progress from here on out. We are so excited about this upcoming journey God has put us on!!

Here are the pictures that I have taken thus far! There is really not much to show, but I want documentation of each week. Enjoy the first trimester!

This was before we knew how far along we were!


This was in Colorado Springs, CO!






I plan to start weekly updates from here on out! Don't hold me to it, but that's my plan! =)





2 comments:

  1. Kristin, I am so incredibly happy for you both! You look beautiful! I loved reading your post. Made me feel like I was right there with you telling me the whole story. Can't wait for updates! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy and I are very excited for you and Kyle.... if only from afar. You guys remind us so much or our younger days together. We picture you guys when we see this Bump to Buzz video. If you haven't seen it, follow this link and enjoy - http://www.ijreview.com/2014/03/123133-video-couples-bump-baby-million-views-two-days/. Much love to our distant Arkansas kin, K and C Kincheloe in Ca.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Followers

Lucida Handwriting



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

Mixed Bouquet Background