Learn from yesterday, live for today,

hope for tomorrow.

April 26, 2014

Week 16




Week: 16
Baby: Baby B is the size of an avocado now! Over the next few weeks, he/she will double in weight and add more inches to the length. The legs are much more developed and his or her head is more erect now than before. The heart is now pumping 25 quarts of blood each day now and it will continue to rise.
Total weight gain: 1.5 pounds so far
Sleep: It is great! I am not nearly as tired as I was in the first trimester, but I still like getting plenty of sleep. I haven't had to nap as much this past week as before.
Favorite moment of the week: I had two people make comments about my belly growing. That is really exciting because that means Baby B is healthy and growing.
Miss anything? Not this week!
Movement: None so far, but I should start feeling "flutters" within the next few weeks!
Cravings: Juice...lemonade, pink lemonade, strawberry lemonade, crangrape!! Any kind....you name it...I want to drink it!
Anything make you queasy or sick? I actually spent this past weekend with bronchitis and that made me feel very sick. You are so limited on what you can take when pregnant, so I thrived on few over the counter meds and rest. It was not fun at all coughing that much. It put a lot of pressure on my belly, but I am feeling much better now.
Gender prediction: We could technically find out now, but the appointment is not until May 14th!
Labor signs: Nope
Symptoms: Pregnancy brain has set in! Kyle has decided it's an excuse for pregnant women to forget everything. I have misplaced and looked over so many things over the past week. Kyle went home about a week ago to visit family, and I told him I was irritated he took my laptop and I had to use his desktop. A lot of my stuff was saved on my laptop and it was not as convenient using his computer. He asked me if I looked around the desk at all while I was working on his desktop...to which I told him not really, why? He stated that my laptop had been on the desk the whole time he was gone because he decided he didn't need it for the trip. I was speechless!! When I went upstairs, that stinkin' laptop was sitting right next to where I had been working! I am losing my mind!! (Kyle thought this was absolutely hilarious!!)
Mood: Great!
Looking forward to: Finding out the gender!!!
Freak-out moment of the week: I was a little freaked out while I was sick that I was "hurting" the baby coughing so much. I know it wasn't the case, but I just felt so bad and didn't want it to feel bad too!
Thankful for: Family and friends who have been so supportive and excited for me along the way! This was Baby B's most recent gift from Kristen and Moe back in AR!! Kyle and I are alumnus at UCA, so it was so sweet to get a onesie to show support of the Bears!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Followers

Lucida Handwriting



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

Mixed Bouquet Background