Learn from yesterday, live for today,

hope for tomorrow.

August 14, 2014

Week 31: Pensacola Beach!!!



Week: 31
Baby: Kason is now about the size of a coconut. He is measuring over 16 inches long and weighs about 3.3 pounds. He can turn his head from side to side and he is beginning to plump up in his arms, legs and body. 
Total weight gain: 16 pounds
Sleep: Sleep was funny this week because Kyle and I had to sleep in twin beds in the condo, but it was actually really good for me. I had my body pillow and could spread out as much as I wanted for the 7 days we were there. I did not bother Kyle with the body pillow or with getting up 5 times a night. I actually slept better knowing that I was not bothering him this week!
Favorite moment of the week: Where do I begin? We had such a fantastic time this week at Pensacola Beach. We spent time at the beach doing nothing and ate at so many fantastic restaurants. My other favorite part was being in the pool. It literally took the 16 extra pounds off my legs and I was able to relax and float around. This was so good for my body. I felt like I didn't weigh anything and it was awesome! Here are some pictures recapping the week:
















Miss anything? This was the first week I was unable to wear my rings due to swelling. I am not sure if it was just due to the heat in Florida or if this is a new thing from here on out. We shall see if I can wear them this week. If not, they will go around my neck because I feel naked not having them on my person. 
Movement: Kason did not seem to mind the heat! He was still just as active as always and would wiggle around after I would eat the great food there. 
Cravings: They had sno cones in Florida! For anyone who knows me, this was a very exciting find. I had a few of them while we were there and it was heaven! Knoxville needs a sno cone shack!!!
Anything make you queasy or sick? I am having trouble eating heavy-like foods such as peanut butter. I think my body is having trouble digesting this quickly and I am feeling really queasy due to it. I have had to stop eating peanut butter or eating very little at a time due to the feeling sick.
Gender: Boy!! Kason Dale Basham!
Labor signs: None this early!
Symptoms: I am still having some Braxton Hicks contractions, but they usually only happen early in the morning. It is nothing that scares me...it just catches me off guard. 
Mood: Great this week! I have been able to enjoy the wonderful beach and spend time with family. 
Looking forward to: I am looking forward to my 32 week appointment and starting prenatal yoga this week. I also have a shower with some of the wives of residents at UT. I am excited about seeing them and celebrating with them.
Freak-out moment of the week: No freak-out moments of the week...it was very warm down in Florida and there would be times I would have to stop what I was doing and catch my breath of cool down in the air conditioning. Overall, the heat did not bother me as much as I expected it would. 
Thankful for: Time spent away from home and relaxing with my hubby. It was nice to spend that one-on-one time with each other before our world changes in a few short months. I am also thankful that we got to spend time with Josh and Sara enjoying their company and spending time with them. This will definitely not be our last vacation with them. The next one will just be a little different with a small addition. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Followers

Lucida Handwriting



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

Mixed Bouquet Background