Learn from yesterday, live for today,

hope for tomorrow.

August 26, 2014

Week 32



Week: 32
Baby: Kason is the size of a jicama this week (whatever that is...haha). He is roughly 3.75 pounds and about 16 inches long. I can totally believe this because he is pushing on every part of my body. He is sitting up in my chest and down in my knee caps all at the same time. Not sure where he will go over these next 8 weeks. Kason will gain a third to half of his weight from her to delivery. 
Total weight gain: 22 pounds (Boo!!!) It was a little difficult to stand on the scale this time and watch them keep scooting the bars over. I was hitting numbers I never imagined seeing....but I know it means that Kason is healthy and growing. (It's still kind of crazy though...haha!)
Sleep: So I am still sleeping by myself (if you remember, we slept in 2 twin beds in FL last week)....not that Kyle and I are fighting, but he has come down with a really bad cold and spends all night coughing up his lungs. We tried to sleep in the same bed the first night, and every time I moved, he coughed....and every time he coughed, I moved. So, I got up and went to the spare bedroom so we could try to catch some Zzzzz's. We have been in two bedrooms all week because he got worse before he got better. I won't say I hate sleeping by myself. It gives my body pillow and I more room....but I miss the hubby, so I'm ready to be back to normal.
Favorite moment of the week: I had a shower with some of the residents' wives and that was super fun. We met at a local Mexican restaurant here in Knoxville and spent time hanging out and enjoying each other's company. It was fun because three of the girls have kids and the other three of us were expecting. It was fun to exchange stories about what is to come! I also started prenatal yoga at the hospital this week. I go once a week and it has been really fun to practice breathing techniques and stretches that will relieve the pressure of the baby.
Miss anything? This week I am beginning to miss certain shoes. My feet haven't swollen at all during my pregnancy, but they are now showing signs of swelling. I tried to wear some wedges to church the other day, and I could barely get my feet in them...much less wear them for hours. I still have a lot of shoes I can wear (I mean...come on....I have over 100 pairs of shoes), but it is sad realizing that not only are all my clothes taken from me, but now some of my shoes are. 
Movement: He is a wild child! You can see him move from the outside and push from one side to the other. My belly looks so lop-sided sometimes. 
Cravings: Nothing specific this week.
Anything make you queasy or sick? My reflux is killing me. I have to eat really small meals and eat really early every evening to give my body time to digest. Kason is so crammed in there that he is cutting off my stomach and making it very hard to digest my food. The meds help some, but I know that this just comes with the territory over these last several weeks. 
Gender: Boy!! Kason Dale Basham!
Labor signs: None this early!
Symptoms: The symptom of pregnancy this week is the LACK of ability to get on the floor and back up. I look hilarious having to roll over onto my knees to get up off the floor. I try to avoid it at all costs if I can. Kyle thinks it's funny when I drop something and just stare at it. I tell him I am trying to decide if it is worth it to bend down and pick it up....haha! 
Mood: My mood has been good over the past week. I just haven't felt well due to the reflux so I feel kind of grumpy around eating time. It's just really hard to eat knowing you are going to feel queasy later. 
Looking forward to: This week I am putting a lot of focus on getting the nursery put together. We got the crib back from being refinished last week and it is ready to put together. I am ready to have the nursery ready to go so I don't have that worry in September. 
Thankful for: I am thankful for such a great pregnancy so far. I have not had any true complications during these past 32 weeks and I am so thankful for that and hope that I continue to have a smooth pregnancy in the upcoming weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Followers

Lucida Handwriting



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

Mixed Bouquet Background