Learn from yesterday, live for today,

hope for tomorrow.

June 10, 2014

22 Weeks! Some Q&A!


Week: 22
Baby: Kason is the size of a spaghetti squash this week. His tiny tooth buds are forming and his lips, eyelids and eyebrows are becoming more distinct. Kason is approximately 11 inches long and about 1 pound.
Total weight gain: I'm not really sure. I will find out at my next appointment, June 18th.
Sleep: Sleep is getting a little more difficult, but only because I am having to get up 4-5 times a night to use the restroom. I feel like I just fall asleep and I am waking up to go again. When I am asleep...I sleep great!
Favorite moment of the week: My favorite moment this week was getting to volunteer at VBS at our church. It was only in the mornings and it was so much fun because I worked in the craft room. I enjoyed not having to teach all day, but getting to paint and glue instead.
Miss anything? This seems funny to say this early and I know I still have about 18 weeks to go, but I miss being able to pick things up off the ground without feeling like I can't breathe! Ha...every time I reach down or have to bend down for a long period of time, I come up gasping for a breath!! Kyle thinks it's hilarious....me not so much! I sound like an old person! =)
Movement: Kason has been very active this week. Whenever I am laying down, he likes to start wiggling around. Kyle has felt him kick several times now since it's becoming almost a nightly thing now.
Cravings: No new cravings, but my meals are having to get more frequent and smaller. If I wait too long or eat too much, I feel so sick. I am finding it best to have the small meals throughout the day and not eat huge 3 meals.
Anything make you queasy or sick? Not these days!
Gender: Boy!! Kason Dale Basham!
Labor signs: None this early!
Symptoms: I feel like Kason is standing right on my bladder and dancing all day. I have never used the restroom this many times in my whole combined...haha! I have to go every hour almost because there is no room for my bladder these days!
Mood: Great!!
Looking forward to: Kyle and I are headed to Charlottesville, VA next week for a conference he is attending. We are excited to get away for a weekend and spend some quality time together since these next few months will just fly by. It's hard to believe we have just 4 months of just us!
Freak-out moment of the week: No freak-outs this week! I was just really tired from VBS and needed more naps than I usually take.
Thankful for: I am thankful for our wonderful church this week, Sevier Heights! I am thankful for the friendships we have made and for the huge emphasis they put on children. I know that Kason will be treated so well even in the short three years we have left here. Kyle and I have been so blessed by the people and the teaching there.


Q & A

So, Kyle and I have been getting a lot of questions about our future plans! Here are some answers to our most common questions:

Are you going to continue teaching?
No, I am not going to continue teaching in Tennessee. We only have three years left of Kyle's residency and no family around. I will be staying at home while we are here and we will reevaluate when we move.

But aren't you getting your Masters?
Yes I am! I will be completely finished the first week in July and will have my Masters in Educational Administration from UT!

So....you're getting your Masters and staying home?
Currently, yes! This has always been part of the plan. Good thing Masters don't expire! =)

When will you use it then?
I am not a homebody...I don't like summers as a teacher. I would like to stay home while Kason is home and then go back into teaching when he goes to school. I am not self-motivated when I am home by myself....just ask Kyle! I will teach wherever we end up for awhile to get reacquainted with the classroom before moving into an administrative position. I am very young to have my administration degree, so I've got time.

These are the most recent questions we have been getting right now! Let me know if you have any other questions and I can get to those next time! I love that you guys are reading this and I love that I will have it to look back on one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Followers

Lucida Handwriting



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

Mixed Bouquet Background