Learn from yesterday, live for today,

hope for tomorrow.

June 3, 2014

21 Weeks - Month 6! Baby B has a name!!


Kason Dale Basham will be joining our family in October!!


Week: 21
Baby: Kason is about 10 1/2 inches long, or the length of a carrot. His eyebrows and eyelids are present now.
Total weight gain: As of 2 weeks ago, 4 pounds.
Sleep: Sleep is getting a little more difficult since I am getting bigger. I am waking up too far on my stomach and I am sore because of it. I also get up 3-4 times a night to use the restroom, which I never did before I was pregnant.
Favorite moment of the week: My favorite moment this week was being off of work and at home. I began working on organizing the nursery and I just had a chance to catch up on some sleep after our quick trip home for the gender reveal. I also went to a water park with some of our neighbors this past Friday. It was so much fun to get away for a day and enjoy the beautiful Tennessee weather!
Miss anything? I am missing more and more each day being able to get on the floor and do things without being so winded. Haha! Every time I drop something, I have to stop and think about picking it up because of the lack of room to bend. I know...I know...it will get much worse, but it has already started.
Movement: Kason is beginning to kick more and I am learning his routine slowly, but surely. He likes to kick when I am laying down at night or riding in the car. The kicks are still faint, but they are becoming stronger and stronger. I also think that he had the hiccups a few days ago, but I am not 100% sure on that one.
Cravings: Nothing new right now, just lemonades and cereal. I am not picky on either of those as long as there are options in the house.
Anything make you queasy or sick? The only time I feel like this is if I wait too long to eat. When I get hungry, I have to eat right away. It can be a small snack, but it has to be quickly or I begin to feel queasy.
Gender prediction: It's a boy!!!
Labor signs: None
Symptoms: The only symptom I am still having is the tailbone pain. I cannot sit for long amounts of time in any seat. Kyle suggested I get a donut to make it feel better, but I have not broken down and done this yet. Oh geez!! Pregnancy is so glamorous!
Mood: Great! Just so excited about the summer and the future!
Looking forward to: I am looking forward to finishing up my last 2 classes in grad school over the next few weeks and being off work. It is so nice to sit when I need a break and work when I feel good!
Freak-out moment of the week: The only freak-out I had this week was a busted blood vessel in my left leg. I didn't necessarily freak out...I just didn't like the huge black bruise on my thigh. I wore compression hose home last weekend during the two 11 hour drives, but they only went to my knees. My legs did swell during both trips, so Kyle and I can only assume that one of my blood vessels did end up busting! Boo....
Thankful for: Time to prepare for Baby Kason! I am thankful that I can work on his nursery and enjoy time with Kyle before he comes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Followers

Lucida Handwriting



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

Mixed Bouquet Background