Learn from yesterday, live for today,

hope for tomorrow.

June 22, 2014

Week 23


Week: 23
Baby: Kason is as big as a large mango. He can now feel me moving around. He weighs a little over a pound and is more than 11 inches long. Kason's lungs are developing to prepare for breathing. His inner ears are fully formed, but he can only hear muffled sounds.
Total weight gain: I will find out at my next appt!
Sleep: Sleep is still going well, but I am having some trouble laying on my sides now. When I lay on my side, I lay way over almost on my stomach. This is getting harder to do, so the body pillow has officially become my sleep buddy.
Favorite moment of the week: My favorite moment this week was going to Charlottesville, VA with Kyle. He had a conference up there for work, so I tagged along and we spent the afternoons together. We got to see Monticello, shop at the Downtown Mall, and try some amazing restaurants.



Miss anything? I miss being able to wait longer than five minutes to eat when I get hungry. I get so sick feeling if I don't eat within a certain window. I usually always have snacks with me, but there have been times when I have not...and it's terrible.
Movement: Kason is a wiggly little thing. He is moving a ton now, and Kyle gets to feel him more often. I can feel him flipping around all the time, especially at night. I have also seen him move from outside my shirt a few times now.
Cravings: The lemonade trend is still there, but not quite as strong. Right now, baked potatoes have been on the top of my list and candy. I know...I know...you're not supposed to eat sweets or sugars ever during pregnancy, but let's be honest! It's all about moderation!! =)
Anything make you queasy or sick? The only thing making me sick right now is not eating as soon as I get hungry...which is every 3 hours!
Gender: Boy!! Kason Dale Basham!
Labor signs: None this early!
Symptoms: I got to wear some pretty awesome compression tights on our road trip this past weekend. I am officially not a fan of wearing them at all because they are so tight and when you take them off, your legs feel so weird. I know they are good for Kason and me, and I will continue to wear them...but they are uncomfortable.
Mood: Great...minus the heat! I am not a fan when I am outside!
Looking forward to: My 24 week appointment is coming up and I am excited to see all the changes that have been happening over the past month.
Freak-out moment of the week: The only moment this past week that I got a little concerned was how warm I got at Monticello. Kyle and I had to sit down a few times because we were out in the sun and it was about 88 degrees. In most cases, I would not get as hot and winded...but it was tougher this time. We had to rest in the shade a few times, and Kyle was so patient and kind about it!
Thankful for: Mini-trips to spend with my husband before Kason comes. I know that trips will be different after October, so I am enjoying this one-on-one time with Kyle right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Followers

Lucida Handwriting



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

Mixed Bouquet Background