Learn from yesterday, live for today,

hope for tomorrow.

June 25, 2014

Week 24


Week: 24
Baby: Kason is about as long as an ear of corn. He has gained about 4 ounces over the past week...which puts him just over a pound. His body is starting to fill out proportionally and will soon start plumping up (along with this momma..haha). His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree." 
Total weight gain: 10 pounds now!
Sleep: So...sleep...umm...I sleep from about 11-2am, toss around until about 6am, then sleep in until about 8am. I don't know what is causing me to be awake for that four hours in between, but I'm sure it is my body preparing for little one.
Favorite moment of the week: Two things: my 24 week appointment and our anniversary dinner! My appointment went fantastic and I am measuring right where I should be. I also had my glucose test, and passed with flying colors. I was super excited about this! Our 5 year anniversary dinner was this weekend (June 20th) and we celebrated by going to McCloud Mountain Restaurant. It was a fantastic dinner with some special time with my favorite!


Miss anything? I miss my clothes! Haha! There are many things that I can no longer wear and some cute summer clothes that will have to sit until next year! My options are getting more limited these days!
Movement: Kason is still moving quite a bit and it seems to be when I lay down more often. I have felt him having hiccups a few times now as well. That is such a sweet feeling. 
Cravings: Nothing new or different. I'm convinced Kason will be half ice cream! =)! I just want milk, yogurt, ice cream, milkshakes, etc. Kyle thinks it's my body craving calcium. 
Anything make you queasy or sick? Not eating when I'm hungry or eating too much in one sitting instead of several small meals.
Gender: Boy!! Kason Dale Basham!
Labor signs: None this early!
Symptoms: I have starting having some pretty painful lower back pain. It is common to start having now as all of the ligaments are shifting and loosening. I cannot sit in one position for too long or stand for too long. It reminds me of my lower back pain from the past, and that may contribute to it as well. Having a bad back and being pregnant don't always mix so well.
Mood: Good! 
Looking forward to: Totally off topic, but I am looking forward to officially ending grad school! My last final is due July 2nd and I will be completely done! Like for real...completely finished! I'm very excited about this!!
Freak-out moment of the week: No freak-out moments this week!

Thankful for: A healthy little boy that is growing big and strong. I am so grateful to have had such a wonderful pregnancy so far. Kason and I are both doing fantastic and I couldn't ask for a better pregnancy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Followers

Lucida Handwriting



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

Mixed Bouquet Background