Learn from yesterday, live for today,

hope for tomorrow.

July 8, 2014

Week 26



Week: 26
Baby: Kason can hear both of our voices as Kyle and I talk. He is working on inhaling and exhaling amniotic fluid, which helps his breathing movements for when he is born. Kason now weighs about 1 2/3 pounds and is about 14 inches long. 
Total weight gain: 10 pounds!
Sleep: I am slowly, but surely, figuring out how to use the body pillow effectively. It took me several weeks to start appreciating it, but now that I have found a good placement for it...I like it a lot. It does however make sleeping very warm so I spend a lot of time uncovered. I am now sleeping through the night because it has helped my hips and the pressure so much. 
Favorite moment of the week: Kyle and I went to a baseball game with some friends on Thursday and we had a picnic on Friday for the 4th of July. Kyle was on call all weekend, so we had to hang out close to home. The weather was absolutely amazing and it was so great to get out and enjoy it. I really was thinking I was going to dread the summer (and I still may come August and September), but so far the weather has been great and I have had no complaints. 
Miss anything? I miss being able to sit down in a chair for a long amount of time. My tailbone pain is back with a vengeance right now, and I fidget really bad in all chairs. I have tried pillows, cushions, different seats....nothing really seems to help except getting up and walking around. 
Movement: Kason is still moving around quite a bit. He has now starting what I believe to be...flipping. I will feel little movements all day, but in the evening and early in the morning...he really starts wiggling. I'm convinced he is in there doing somersaults. 
Cravings: Nothing new right now...just ice cream or any dairy products.
Anything make you queasy or sick? The only thing making me queasy right now is eating...haha! Any time I eat, I feel so full. It can be a cup of yogurt and I feel extremely full. I know it has to due with my slow digestive system right now. I mean...it doesn't have any room right now!
Gender: Boy!! Kason Dale Basham!
Labor signs: None this early!
Symptoms: This isn't really a symptom, but I have a lot of trouble bending over and catching my breath when I do. If Kyle is home, he buckles my shoes for me because it is really hard for me to do on my own. I thought I was being a big baby about this since I still have about 14 weeks to go. We had an ultrasound done this week, and Kason is sitting so low. This explains why it is so hard for me to bend over. When they found him, he was sideways below my belly button. I didn't realize how low he was until then. It makes me feel better because I seriously felt like a big baby.
Mood: Great!!
Looking forward to: Kyle and I are starting birthing classes in July. We will go to one a week for 4 weeks. I am so excited about learning more about the birthing process and having Kyle there for support. It is slowly becoming more real each week. We also sent the crib off this week to have the top rails refinished and my baby rocking chair painted. My chair was white with a yellow cushion from when I was little. We are having it painted black and a razorback cushion added to it. It will go in our game room for Kason to use. I am so excited my mom kept my chair after all this time. We also have Kyle's chair from when he was little, but it's quite a bit bigger than mine. We will wait to use it until Kason is a little bigger. I love that Kason is getting some of our baby belongings. I will be posting nursery pictures once the crib comes back and we can start putting things together. 
Thankful for: This week, I am thankful for finishing grad school with a 4.0! I am so excited to be completely finished with my masters degree. I can spend the next few months focusing on Kason's nursery and reading more about having a little bundle of joy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Followers

Lucida Handwriting



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

Mixed Bouquet Background