Learn from yesterday, live for today,

hope for tomorrow.

July 17, 2014

Week 27

(Not my best picture thus far...I was having some pretty bad back pain this day)

Week: 27
Baby: Baby Kason is about 2 pounds now and roughly 14 1/2 inches long. His sleeping patterns are becoming more regular as he opens and closes his eyes and may be sucking on his fingers. The lungs are still immature, but would be capable of functioning (with a lot of medical help) if Kason were to be born now. I am feeling Kason's hiccups now, which is common.
Total weight gain: I will find out next week at my 4 week checkup.
Sleep: I have finally developed a working system with the body pillow and I am sleeping great...when I do sleep. I wake up about every 2 hours to go to the bathroom, but in between that I am sleeping great.
Favorite moment of the week: My favorite moment this week was getting to go to Cade's Cove with our neighbors for a bike trip. I did not get to bike the loop there this week since I am a little front heavy and having pretty severe tailbone pain. I didn't really want to ride 11 miles on just my tailbone. We made breakfast at one of the picnic sites and enjoyed the beautiful Tennessee weather. 
Miss anything? I miss being able to get on the floor or bend down like I used to do. I feel like a watermelon trying to get up and down from the floor. I have to roll over to stand up and breathe really heavy for awhile. Kyle thinks its pretty funny to watch me get up. He is, however, helpful when I ask for it.
Movement: If Kason's movement has anything to do with how he will act when he arrives, he will be quite the wiggle worm. He moves constantly when he is awake and you can see it from the outside now. I haven't figured out his routine yet, but my belly is either really still or moving a ton. There are definitely awake and sleep times happening now. 
Cravings: This week my cravings have consisted of Oreos and milk. Every evening, I want a big glass of milk with some Oreos. You know I've been loving the dairy, so the milk is no surprise. The Oreos are a new craving and I should probably not buy anymore. Haha!! =)
Anything make you queasy or sick? The reflux has really set in and I have had to start taking daily medicine to prevent it from happening. It can be a full dinner or a glass of water that triggers it. This is the only thing that has really been making me feel gross right now. 
Gender: Boy!! Kason Dale Basham!
Labor signs: None this early!
Symptoms: No symptoms this past week. Everything has been pretty normal for the stage I am in!
Mood: My mood has been great so far. The hard part right now is being home right now. I finished grad school last week and sent in my paperwork for my new degree. This was a very exciting milestone for me, but it has left me with not much to do for the next few weeks. It is kind of difficult to go from school and work full-time to being home. I know that as October gets closer, I will get busier and I'm looking forward to that.
Looking forward to: My appointment coming up. I'm excited to check on everything and to head home for my showers! I can't wait to see friends and family.
Freak-out moment of the week: So, Kyle and I started a four-week birthing class for July. It prepares parents for labor and delivery and what our options are. I was slightly overwhelmed when I left the first session. They go into depth about natural vs. c-section vs. epidural and so on. I think it's a great learning experience, but I left thinking, "Can I even do this?" Haha....

Thankful for: Wonderful neighbors that we can spend weekends with hanging out and take day trips with! I can't wait for Kason to be here and I know that he will be so loved by our awesome neighbors. They are absolutely wonderful!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Followers

Lucida Handwriting



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

Mixed Bouquet Background