Learn from yesterday, live for today,

hope for tomorrow.

July 28, 2014

Week 28...Third Trimester!!



Week: 28
Baby: Kason is the size of an eggplant. He weighs a little over 2 pounds and measures a little over 14 inches long. He can now blink his eyes and can see light the filters in the womb. His brain is developing more and more and he is adding body fat now in preparation for the life outside the womb.
Total weight gain: 16 pounds (that's a little tough to take in)...
Sleep: I am getting more and more adjusted to my new sleep schedule. I sleep about 2 hours at a time before needing to roll over with the body pillow and get up to use the restroom. My body is becoming pretty acclimated to this routine and I can almost guarantee when I will wake up each night. We go to bed around 11pm, so I generally wake up around 1am, 3am, 5am and 7am. When I am asleep, I sleep really well and I am happy to be figuring out a schedule. I suppose I am just getting ready for mommy hood with the small sleep increments. 
Favorite moment of the week: So, this weekend was AMAZING!!! We drove home to AR on Friday afternoon, had 2 showers on Saturday and drove back on Sunday! It was a crazy quick weekend, but we had the best time seeing friends and family and celebrating little man! We started off Saturday with a shower full of friends from back home! 


The sweet sign that greeted us when we arrived at the first shower!

The shower was themed with a mustache...which if you know my husband...is very fitting! =)

The wonderful gifts and game that we played..."Name that 'Stache!!"

Aunt SaySay, BeBe and my dear friend Cassie at the shower!

One of my dear college friends, work friends and life friends that I have not seen in almost 2 years! I won't lie...we cried our faces off when we saw each other! Thank you, Hanna, for driving over 10 hours to come up and celebrate Baby Kason with us! You have no idea how much this meant to us!

My amazing hostesses at the first shower...my three college roommates (Kendra, Emily and Emily) and one of my lifelong friends (Cassie). Thank you girls so much for an amazing shower and for taking time to celebrate with us!

Kason has the best Aunt ever! Aunt SaySay was at both showers showing her love for little man!

This was such an amazing, hilarious gift made by two of my mom's coworkers, Brenda and Laura. I know it is hard to see the monogram, but this is a set of scrubs for Kason that say "Dr. P P Jr." above the pocket. He is definitely the son of a Urologist!

So, played a game called "Name that 'Stache!" in honor of the daddy! There were 16 faces we had to guess based on mustaches alone! It was super fun and hilarious! I think my mom knew 90% of them...haha!

And look who was #16...so creepy!!!

After our first shower, Kyle and I headed to meet some dear friends at GENO's pizza that live in New Jersey! Brett and Cheska were actually in for baby showers as well. Their little girl is due a week before Kason and I am sure they will be best friends forever like Kyle and Cheska are.

**Did I mention what an amazing weekend this was? Living so far away can be really hard at times, and seeing old friends and family is so good for the soul!!**

For our second shower, we headed to Nanny Arnold's (Kyle's grandma) house to celebrate with his family.


We were blown away by the amount of love shown at this shower. His family went above and beyond  celebrating Kason and helping us prepare for his arrival. P.S. The quilts behind Kyle and me where quilts his great-grandmother made Kyle when he was a baby. I'm so honored to have these for Kason. Also, the clothes hanging on the line behind us were some of Kyle's when he was a baby.

I know the picture is hard to see, but that's my cute husband when he was a little kid. This is the outfit he was wearing in the picture and now we have it for Kason. Of course he was wearing suspenders and a bow tie! =)

The amazing hostesses for our second shower. Kyle's Nanny Arnold and his mom (Gigi). Thank you both for an amazing afternoon with family and for all the hard work you put into this shower. It was wonderful!

BeBe and Aunt SaySay at the second shower! They were champs following us around all day and helping with gifts and packing cars!!



Miss anything? After this weekend, I miss traveling with ease. Between the drive home, going all day Saturday and driving back the next day (that's 24 hours of 1-40), my back was in rough shape. I wouldn't change one thing about the weekend at all and I would do it again, but I do miss traveling without compression tights, stopping to use the restroom every 2 hours and back pain! Haha!
Movement: All the time!! He is dancing on my bladder, pushing his arms and legs around and waiting until bedtime to start dancing! I love every single movement!!
Cravings: Milk and Oreos! Haha...
Anything make you queasy or sick? Laying down right now due to the reflux. I've been put on a daily medicine to help with it, but it really bothers me when I lay down too soon after I eat.
Gender: Boy!! Kason Dale Basham!
Labor signs: None this early!
Symptoms: None this week other than just being so big I can't breathe...=)
Mood: Great!! 
Looking forward to: The countdown is on to the beach now!! Ready for some relaxation with Kyle, Josh and Sara!!
Thankful for: Amazing people in my life that are just as excited about Kason's arrival. Kyle and I have felt so loved and overwhelmed by the outpouring of generosity over the past week! Kason is going to be so loved!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Followers

Lucida Handwriting



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

Mixed Bouquet Background