Learn from yesterday, live for today,

hope for tomorrow.

July 28, 2014

Week 29 - Month 8



Week: 29
Baby: Kason is the size of a butternut squash. He now weighs around 2.5 pounds and is a little over 15 inches long. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature. His body is soaking up more and more calcium (thus the cravings for milk and dairy).
Total weight gain: 16 pounds...
Sleep: I am still in love with my body pillow. I did not have it when I went home for the showers, and I didn't realize how attached to it I have become. It will definitely be traveling to the beach for that week...I won't be able to go that long without it!
Favorite moment of the week: Playing with all of Kason's new goodies. I spent majority of the week unpacking from the showers, sorting, washing, organizing and getting the nursery more ready. I know I haven't posted any pictures, but they are coming soon. We received tons of precious clothes and many other items that are going to come into great use.
Miss anything? I miss being able to do as much as I used to. Since I have a bad back because of a previous injury and I'm huge (haha), Kyle has been having to help out around the house some. He has started cleaning the shower for me since I can't get down like that and scrub. We also had to put a step stool in the laundry room because the detergent was out of reach with my stomach in the way. I now have to step up on the stool to reach the detergent since I can't lean over the washer anymore. It's the little things you never thought about before! Haha!
Movement: Kyle has been able to see him move from the outside and feel a lot of his bigger moves lately. It's super fun to think about what part of his body you feel moving around. I always tell Kyle that I feel like he is standing up and tapping on my bladder! I know that's not possible, but it's a pretty funny visual.
Cravings: I haven't really had any cravings this past week. The problem this week has been seeing a commercial on TV and then craving what it was. Kyle and I never eat at KFC, but the other day I saw a commercial for some of their chicken strips and I'm pretty sure I begged Kyle to go with me to get some. He just laughed at me, but he did take me. I told him I need to stop watching TV so I don't get any other crazy ideas.
Anything make you queasy or sick? Still just laying down with the reflux....the medicine has helped some but it's definitely not a fun part of pregnancy!
Gender: Boy!! Kason Dale Basham!
Labor signs: None this early!
Symptoms: This is the first week that it has gotten really hot here. So far, I have picked the perfect summer to get pregnant. The weather has been mild and cooler overall for July, but this past weekend...it go hot!! It was really difficult to not sweat to death walking in and out of church. Even that five minutes was more than enough. I am glad to see those few hot days go with some cooler ones on the way. 
Mood: Great...growing more anxious all the time about the upcoming weeks!!
Looking forward to: Beach Time!! We are down to a week until our trip and I could not be more excited about a vacay!! Kyle and I need this before our lives get completely flipped over!!

Thankful for: Time! This week, I am thankful for the time that I get to be at home preparing for Kason. It has been such a blessing to be able to be there getting his nursery ready without the pressures of work and school. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Followers

Lucida Handwriting



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

Mixed Bouquet Background