Learn from yesterday, live for today,

hope for tomorrow.

September 7, 2014

Week 34



Week: 34
Baby: Kason is the size of a cantaloupe at this point....weighing about 4 3/4 pounds. He is almost 18 inches long this week. His fat layers are filling out, which makes him rounder. His lungs are continuing to mature and it's nice to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks, with no other health problems, generally do fine. We are in the home stretch now. 
Total weight gain: 23 pounds! My weight slowed down a little this past week, and I am okay with that. It's a lot to haul around! =)
Sleep: Still really difficult. I have my body pillow still along with three pillows to prop up on. By the time I do get comfortable, I have to get up and use the restroom. It's a night long battle...haha! =) Poor Kyle has no room in our bed and sleeps way over on the edge!
Favorite moment of the week: Too many to name!! We had a dear friend from high school/college, Merritt Hambrick, come stay with us for a few days while she attended a conference here. It was great to have a guest in our house and play catch up. It's been years since we have seen her! My other favorite moment of the week was that my Momma came for the weekend!! We had such an amazing time shopping for baby Kason and working on his room. My mom and I have not just "hung out" since March, so I was so excited to have some one-on-one time with her before I become a mom. We hit up the outlets, shopped at the mall, bought Kason way too much stuff and hung decorations in his room. I am so happy to have accomplished so much this week with her. I was definitely sad to see her go, but it will only be for a short time. She will hit I-40 soon enough when Kason decides to make his debut. 
Miss anything? I am missing the nice summer weather we have had here. It got really hot here this week and I am not enjoying it...haha! I want it to go back to what it was before when it was just barely in the 80s. Hopefully this heat wave will pass quickly and fall will be here! It's my most favorite time of the year and I can't wait for pumpkin-smelling everything to be out. 
Movement: His movements have become more like pushes and shoves. He used to move across my entire stomach, but he is too big now to do that anymore. He now just pushes around in there or shoves over to one side.
Cravings: My cravings have really subsided. I don't really want a particular thing anymore. 
Anything make you queasy or sick? I had my first bowl of chicken noodle soup this past week since it made me sick back in the first trimester. The thought of soup in general made me queasy for many months of my pregnancy. I decided the other day to give it a go and just see and I am happy to report that I enjoyed and look forward to my bowls of chicken noodle soup that fall/winter. 
Gender: Boy!! Kason Dale Basham!
Labor signs: Not any yet, but I'm sure they will be soon!
Symptoms: Due to the extreme heat this past weekend and walking so much with mom, my feet have swollen up some and are very sore. I wore my most comfortable shoes over the weekend, but nothing seems to help when you are not used to carrying around this much weight in the desert (haha)! I have had them propped up quite a bit since in order to reduce some of the swelling. They are still not nearly as bad as I always thought they would be, but 5 weeks left may get me there! =)
Mood: Great with all the excitement of guests around here!
Looking forward to: This week I am looking forward to our last baby shower with the urology crew and one of my dear friend's weddings on Saturday. It's hard to believe that both are already here. 
Freak-out moment of the week: No freak-out moments other than just the excitement of having mom here for 2 whole days!!
Thankful for: I am thankful for a mom who loves me unconditionally and will drive 24 hours (roundtrip) just to shop and work on Kason's room. I was so happy to have her here investing in the preparation and getting to see all of the goodies we have for him so far. I can't wait for her next trip out here because that means she gets to meet her grandson for the first time. This next month will fly by quickly and she will be here before we know it. I look forward to the relationship that my mom and Kason will have together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Followers

Lucida Handwriting



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

Mixed Bouquet Background