Learn from yesterday, live for today,

hope for tomorrow.

September 8, 2014

Week 35



Week: 35
Baby: Kason weighs as much as a honeydew melon right now. That puts him being about 18 inches long and 5 1/4 pounds. He is not making dramatic movements anymore. They are now jolts and pushes and should remain like this until he arrives. His kidneys are fully developed and his liver can process waste now. Kason's job over the next few weeks is to put on weight.
Total weight gain: 23 pounds!
Sleep: Sleep got somewhat better over this past week. I started taking my vitamins in the morning so it was one less thing to go through my system at night. That has seemed to help out a lot over this past week. I have also really tried to eat my big meal at lunch and snack at night to avoid having anything heavy sitting on my stomach when I go to bed. 
Favorite moment of the week: This past Friday was my last baby shower for little man. The urology residents and their wives hosted a shower for us. It was a wonderful time and we received so many sweet things. We are so blessed to have this group of people to walk through this journey with. It was a great time! We also attended one of my co-teacher/friend's wedding on Saturday night and had a great time seeing all of my friends for teaching. It's weird not seeing them everyday. 
Miss anything? This week, I miss being able to get up easily from a sitting/laying position. I really have to use my arms and wiggle around to get up from the couch or bed. It is quite a sight and not graceful...haha! It will be nice to be able to just stand up again soon!
Movement: The movements are still just pushes and jolts. I think this is what I will feel from here on out. He has got to be out of room at this point, so the movements will not be as dramatic anymore. 
Cravings: I am really enjoying drinking milk right now and I have to keep our refrigerator stocked with it. I want a glass every morning with my cereal (I know...that's double the milk). It seems to be the one thing that does not make me feel sick right now.
Anything make you queasy or sick? The reflux is still there, but it is not quite as bad as it was last week. I still don't feel great in the evenings but it seems to be letting up some.
Gender: Boy!! Kason Dale Basham!
Labor signs: None this early!
Symptoms: I have started having Braxton Hicks contractions at night that will wake me up. They are somewhat painful but very short-lived. I have a feeling they will become more common now that we are so close.
Mood: Great this past week other than some frustrating moments because everyday tasks have become impossible. 
Looking forward to: We have our 36 week appointment this week, BSF (bible study) starts this week, we have our breastfeeding class and I am packing the bags this week! Trying to check off the to-do list so we don't run out of time!

Thankful for: Sweet friends who throw us amazing showers. When you live so far from home, you realize that the term "family" does not necessarily mean related. Kyle works with some amazing people and we are so thankful for all of their hard work on our shower and for thinking of us. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Followers

Lucida Handwriting



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

Mixed Bouquet Background