Learn from yesterday, live for today,

hope for tomorrow.

September 29, 2014

Week 38


Week: 38
Baby: Kason is still considered "early term" right now. He is as long as a leek and has really plumped up. He is around 19 1/2 inches long. Kason has a firm grasp and his organs are mature and ready for the outside world. 
Total weight gain: 26 pounds! I actually went down one pound due to being sick lately. 
Sleep: I have started having dreams about how the delivery will go. I had a dream a few days ago that I had surgery on my stomach right where a C-section would be. I was not pregnant in my dream, but the surgery seemed exactly like what it would be if I have to go through with a  C-section. I also had another dream where I took Kason to a daycare when he was 1 day old and forgot I had a baby until they called me to come get him. The dreams are pretty weird and I know they are just part of the anxiety of his arrival. 
Favorite moment of the week: Kyle and I got to spend an evening downtown enjoying the beautiful weather and we were able to enjoy this weekend to ourselves. We had no major plans and just spent time together. It was wonderful to get to relax with him on what may be our last weekend just the two of us. 
Miss anything? I miss eating full size dinners. I haven't cooked in weeks because I get sick if I eat too much after 5pm. Kyle has been so understanding of this and is eating larger meals at lunch and snacking when he gets home. I do look forward to eating dinner again one day!
Movement: He still moves quite a bit and the movements are lower than they used to be. I know that I will miss feeling his movements when he is born, but it will also be great for him to just be in my arms.
Cravings: Milk! Milk! Milk!
Anything make you queasy or sick? Eating after 5pm or so. There has been one day in the past 4ish weeks that I have not gotten sick at night when we went to bed. I'm pretty used to it now and Kyle is so sympathetic about it. He hates that I get sick, but I've had an amazing pregnancy up until this point. I can handle a little sickness at night if that's my only complaint. 
Gender: Boy!! Kason Dale Basham!
Labor signs: I am now dilated 3cm and 40% effaced. My OBGYN is happy with my progression and said that we will meet again next week and set an induction date if he does not come before. 
Symptoms: Due the way he is positioned, the right side of my body hurts when I bend that way. He is mostly on that side so there isn't a lot of give over there. 
Mood: I feel like my mood is good, but I am getting anxious about his arrival. I keep thinking each day, "Will today be his birthday?" and I keep Kyle busy with little to-dos because I feel like we have to rush to get things done....only to wait!
Looking forward to: Him being here any day now!!
Thankful for: The time I have been at home. It has been such a blessing to get everything ready for Kason's arrival. His room is ready and we are packed and ready to go. Now, I am just keeping the house clean and enjoying my reading and down time until he comes. I am so happy that I get to have this opportunity to be home with Kason for the rest of our time in Tennessee. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Followers

Lucida Handwriting



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

Mixed Bouquet Background