Learn from yesterday, live for today,

hope for tomorrow.

September 22, 2014

Week 37


Week: 37
Baby: Kason is now considered "early term." Spending the next two weeks in the womb helps Kason's brain and lungs to fully mature. He now weighs around 6 pounds 8 ounces and is a bit over 19 inches long. 
Total weight gain: 27 pounds!
Sleep: Sleep has become restless as the anxiety grows for the upcoming weeks. I am having some really crazy dreams that are not always about the delivery, but they all keep me stirring at night. 
Favorite moment of the week: My favorite moment this week was getting to see Kason on the ultrasound. We were able to see that he is head down and facing my back. This is a great position for when labor comes. We were able to measure parts of his body and everything look right on schedule. They are estimating his weight to be about 6 pounds 8 ounces right now. We did not look to see if I have dilated any...we will measure that again next week.
Miss anything? Moving has become pretty painful at this point. It is hard to lean forward, backward, sideways....really any way! =) I am completely out of room (or so I think), yet he keeps growing. He must be cramped in there.
Movement: When he moves now, I feel it all over my whole body because it has become so tight. He doesn't really have room to wiggle, so even the smallest movements encompass my whole stomach.
Cravings: Milk! I want glasses of milk and cereal all the time.
Anything make you queasy or sick? My reflux is slowly getting worse as Kason takes over my body. I feel like I am out of room and he keeps gaining weight! Ha! This is only making it harder to keep food down. I wouldn't trade it for the world, but it does make me feel pretty sick most days. 
Gender: Boy!! Kason Dale Basham!
Labor signs: I am having Braxton Hicks more often these days and they are sharper than they have been before. They will stop me in my tracks for a split second while they pass or they will wake me up at night.
Symptoms: The only symptom I am having at this point is the sickness from reflux. I am getting sick several times a day because my food just cannot process anymore. I am definitely looking forward to that first meal after he comes when I have room in my body!! =)
Mood: Other than being anxious and ready, my mood has been great. I am trying to enjoy these last few weeks without wishing them away. This is hard though when you know you are so ready to meet your child.
Looking forward to: Seeing Kason in his room. The nursery is officially finished and ready to go! I finally got around to taking pictures of the completed room, so enjoy:



I realize there are not pictures in those frames. One is for a maternity picture and one will have his newborn picture in it. 

The horse on the top shelf was Kyle's toy when he was little. It's broken now, but I love it being in Kason's room.

This rocking chair was mine when I was growing up. Of course I forgot to take a before picture, so Mom is digging through old pictures trying to find one. It was cream colored with a yellow cushion before. We had it repainted for our game room so Kason could enjoy the Hogs playing in it.
Thankful for: I am thankful for a healthy, growing boy. He is doing fantastic right now and I just can't wait to meet him soon. It's hard to believe that we have such little time left before he arrives. I am also thankful for all of the family that is going to make their way out here for his arrival. I know it is not an easy trip, but Kyle and I are so excited to have all of the grandparents coming to meet Kason. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Followers

Lucida Handwriting



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

Mixed Bouquet Background